Monday, April 18, 2011

Fabric Ruler!!!!

Hello!
If you don't have a serger and have to press the seams so your fabric doesn't fray, you will have to do a lot of work, since you have to measure 1/4" around your fabric and then mark and press. A lot of work.... So since i improvise a lot. I want to share my little trick to create seams fast with a simple fabric ruler...
You Need:

1.Fabric that has squares, they have the fabric that has little squares from 1/8" to 1"... I had this picnic type fabric.
 2. Measure the squares... in mine, every square is 1/4 of and inch...



3. Cut really slow and with a ruler along the line... you can make your fabric ruler as long and wide as you want.... i made mine 2' x 1 yard....

4. After i have a long strip of fabric i will fold my seams guided by my fabric ruler and press the fabric on top of my fabric ruler.... perfect...... a ruler you can press without melting...;)
5. If you wanna keep this ruler, make sure you serge the four edges, that way your ruler will last a long time and will not fray.
I hope this will help you next time you need to press a long seam....

No comments:

Post a Comment